Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Where I Want to Be


Where Life Goes On

 

 

Exactly where I want to be, in the shelter of the house

I helped build

Built to let the light stream in, through windows wide and tall

To warm the earthen tile

Laid where the pattern yields angles and lines,

North, south, east and west

Where high stone walls

Climb up to meet the ceiling,

Easy steps curve gently to the upper room.

A balcony invites resting on the long, long, couch

A house with many places to stop and look and think

To lose oneself in silent thought and resist the urge to move

Just rest, reflect on how it was

The last time you were here

Study the paintings on the wall

Paintings done so long ago

Of people, flowers, birds and things that lived in the artists soul

Leave me here that I may be forever in this favored place

Where life goes on if only in my mind

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment