Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Laughing With Milk and Cookies

For almost two weeks I have been out of melatonin, which helps me sleep more soundly. The store where I purchase this sublingual pill has it on order but in the meantime I have had to resort to other aids. Of course I try to get back to sleep but if it fails to happen I get up, go downstairs and have milk and cookies, or some other starch.



Last night around 2:00 I had to resort to this simple snack. I took my food into where the television is and clicked it on. The station on which it was preset happened to be Public television. A program was in progress and it seemed amusing so I kept it on and soon found myself laughing and enjoying it all. I had not heard of this group of Political Satirists. They not only had great singing voices but some very clever lyrics. After an hour of great entertainment I wanted to know who they were.



I went to my primary source of information and googled Capital Steps as I had seen that on the screen at some point. Apparently this group has been around for decades. If you want to know more you can google them as I did. However, they basically began as staffers on Capitol Hill just putting on a skit for a party many years ago. This original skit for a party was such a hit that it grew into the performing group it is today.



The thing that was the funniest to me was a one man running commentary. You had to listen intently to catch his words. Throughout the entire piece he switched initial sounds in words and it was one long laugh fest. Perhaps it seemed particularly funny to me as that is what I have done since childhood but not intentionally. In my last post I mentioned the "cot hoffee" that slipped out in front of my friends.



Now I am on a search to find out what term is used to describe this twist of letters which is so funny to me and apparently others as well. I would welcome any input my readers may have on this subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment